Laura is one of my 2013 high school senior models. She is a beautiful teen; bright, articulate, quiet (around me anyway) and fun to work with.
We had a chance to shoot in the studio with full hair and make-up provided by Mary Gurnow. https://www.facebook.com/mary.gurnow?fref=ts&ref=br_tf
Laura was a natural. Along with the regular stuff we incorporated her beloved violin in the session the results were fantastic!
Each of my spokes models also had the opportunity to be photographed on their own. Laura chose the high school track at Webster Thomas. We were able to fit in some beautiful images of her along the property tree line and even took it into the woods for some running images. She's a cross country nut!!!
Then, we headed to the track and some fun stuff with hurdles, the track and attitude!
Well, instead of me gabbing on, I'll let Laura tell you her story.
1) What's your favorite subject at school? Spanish
2) You're an athlete, I know. What is your sport of choice and why do you love it?
Either cross country (because of the trails, mud, and adventure), soccer (because the game is just really fun), or surfing (because the ocean can be both extremely relaxing and extremely fun!).
3) I know you play violin. What type of music do you like to play and what is it about the violin
that you like?
I like pretty duet or quartet music and I like playing the songs that Barrage has written. For solos, I kind of play everything and usually go through a bunch of different composers/songs before picking a piece to work on.
4) When you're not in school, what do you like to do?
I like to go on Pinterest and find projects. I have made custom bookmarks using sharpies and a paint sample, customized 3 different pairs of shoes, made cool cupcakes, etc
5) What type of music do you listen to?
I listen to weird music :) I listen to African, Pop Latino, Lindsey Stirling (violinist), Break of Reality (cello group), and ESPECIALLY alternative music (I LOVE Of Monsters and Men and Coldplay).
6) Name 2 reasons why you're glad junior year is over.
I am super glad to only have 1 year left of high school and to be done with AP Chemistry.
7) What are you excited about for your senior year? I am excited to be a running captain.
8) What are you hoping to do once high school is done?
I want to go to college (maybe Pitt?) for nursing and keep busy with music, volunteering, and intramural sports. Hopefully I will do some travel nursing in the future and eventually settle down in a little coastal town. I plan to specialize in pediatric oncology.
9) What did you think about getting your senior portraits done? (be honest! :)
Getting my portraits done was really fun! I have never had my makeup down or gotten professional pictures done like this before. It was also fun to be able to pick an outdoor location.
10) Anything else you want to share???
You are really nice and flexible! Any idea that I had in mind was a possibility with you!
Laura, you're the best! Have a terrific senior year!!!